- Habitat Basics is the best place to start! This course teaches you about basic concepts that are used throughout the other courses. You will learn about many different topics, such as the importance of native plants. (TUESDAY, May 10th, 7:00-8:30PM, Edmonds Public Library)
- Providing Food for Wildlife discusses the food chain and how you can provide food for wildlife species in your area.(TUESDAY, May 24th, 7:00-8:30PM, Edmonds Public Library)
- Providing Water for Wildlife teaches you the importance of water for your habitat and identifies easy ways to provide it appropriately.(TUESDAY, May 17th, 7:00-8:30PM, Edmonds Public Library)
- Providing Cover for Wildlife gives you practical ways to provide cover and shelter for a variety of different wildlife species throughout the seasons.(TUESDAY, May 24th, 7:00-8:30PM, Edmonds Public Library)
- Providing Places to Raise Young introduces you to the importance of spaces for wildlife to mate and bear young and offers some suggestions for creating these spaces in your habitat.(TUESDAY, May 17th, 7:00-8:30PM, Edmonds Public Library)
- Sustainable Gardening Practices is all about things you can do that are good for your garden and for wildlife. Topics include organic gardening, composting, and water conservation.(TUESDAY, May 10th, 7:00-8:30PM, Edmonds Public Library)
- Overview of the Backyard Wildlife HabitatTM and Schoolyard Habitats® programs provides you with information about each of these national programs and the resources they can offer as you learn more. You will want to know all about these programs, because creating places for wildlife can become a hobby that you enjoy with your friends and family.(TUESDAY, May 24th, 7:00-8:30PM, Edmonds Public Library)
- In Addition we will cover topics such as: Western WA Butterfly gardening 101, Bats in our Gardens 101, Bees in our Gardens 101, Carpentry for Critters,Top 25 Birds in our Backyards ID.
This course is free but space is limited. Please register through the Sno-Isle/Edmonds Public library at:
or by phone at: (425-771-1933)
The courses will all be held each Tuesday night at the Edmonds Public Library located at 650 Main St, Edmonds, WA
Note: National Wildlife Federation is the sponsor & creator of these courses. One you sign-up for a course you will be credited by NWF. For more information go to their website at:
HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!