Saturday April 25th from 10:00am-11:30am
“HOW TO CREATE YOUR OWN BIRD-FRIENDLY GARDEN” presented by Emily Bishton, landscape designer and educator
The class will include:
• A table display with hands-on examples of plants, nesting boxes, bird nests, books, etc. for children and adults to explore.
• A brief PowerPoint presentation on the topic, that illustrates how to add wildlife-friendly features to your own garden, to attract birds, butterflies, and other beneficial insects.
• Info on Bird-Friendly maintenance techniques for your garden.
• A guided tour of the Community Center's Bird-Friendly Landscape.
• Take home materials such as a Top 10 Native Plants List, The 4 Keys to Success, and other educational materials.
• Question and Answer time.
Location: Magnuson Community Center Building 477110 62nd Avenue NE Seattle, WA 98115
For more info or to register for the class, contact the Community Center staff at 206-684-7026 or visit http://www.seattle.gov/parks/magnuson/