When: Sunday May 10th, beginning at 10:00am
Where: Magnuson Community Center (Building #47, 7110 62nd Ave. NE)
Come celebrate this beautiful new addition to the Magnuson Community Center; a landscape that provides much-needed habitat for native birds and other urban wildlife, as well as a peaceful oasis for bird-watching. The Dedication Celebration will be filled with lots of fun for the whole family. Enjoy refreshments while you browse through a display of bird nests and other materials in the Community Center, take a tour of the landscape with its designer, then make sure to join the Chautauqua Marching Band Parade and Ribbon Cutting with special guest Ciscoe Morris!After the Dedication Celebration, join the parade to the Festival of Trees, a FREE family event to celebrate Seattle’s trees with a day of learning and entertainment.
Festival of Trees Highlights:
- Lots of indoor and outdoor nature activities for kids and families; make Mother's Day gifts from recycled paper, help create a tree mural, and explore the acclaimed Magnuson Children's Garden.
- Free talks by your favorite famous gardener; Celebrity gardeners include author-columnists Ciscoe Morris, Marty Wingate, Arthur Lee Jacobsen, Linda Chalker-Scott, and others.
- The New Old Time Chautauqua will provide a boatload of family fun and live entertainment: music, magic, juggling, comedy, aerial acrobatics and more.
- Live tree planting and tree care demonstrations all day.
- Tour the secret gardens of Magnuson Park.
- Browse education displays from local Environmental Organizations
- Shop at booths filled with eco-friendly products, crafts, and healthy-food.